- 6 chicken thighs cutlets ~skin removed
- 1 tbspn coriander seeds - crushed
- 2 cups of long grain rice
- 2 medium onion - sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic - crushed
- 1 teaspoon of tumeric
- 2 3/4 cups of boiling chicken stock
- 2 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 1 tbspn of fresh coriander - chopped
- 8 dried chinese mushroom - soaked and thinly sliced
Spray cooking oil onto the chicken cutlets.. pan-fry the cutlets until brown both sides. Put it aside. Saute the garlic, onion and crushed coriander seeds until fragrant. Add rice, mushroom, fish sauce and chicken stock.
- Using rice cooker: put all the mixture into rice cooker, and arrange cutlets over the rice mixture. Cook as per cooking rice...Stir in fresh coriander.
Alternative for the cutlets.... panfry the cutlets until golden brown and chicken is cooked. Serve the chicken on top of the coriander rice once it is cooked using the rice cooker method.
- Using Oven: do your cooking as per above in a casserole dish, arrange the chicken over the rice mixture. Covered and place in the oven at 200C for 45 minutes. Stir in fresh coriander