- 4 bananas - peeled and thickly sliced
- 1/3 cup of sultanas
- 1 tablespoon dessicated coconut
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of caster sugar
- 1 orange - rind finely grated and juiced
- 6 sheets of filo pastry
- olive oil cooking spray
- vanilla custard or ice-cream or yoghurt to serve
In a mixing bowl, mix all (fr bananas to orange juice). Place 1 filo pastry on a workbench and top with another, spray with olive oil. Repeat twice with the remaining pastry sheets. Spoon the banana mixture... along 1 long edge of the pastry, leaving about 5 cm border on both short ends. Fold the short ends in and roll up to enclose filling. Place the strudel seamside down on a baking tray. Spray the top with oil and sprinkle the ground cinnamon and brown sugar. Bake at 190C for 30-35 minutes..... Serve while its hot with vanilla custard...
Tip : dont leave it to long after baking....as it will get soggy. Use melted butter instead of olive oil for that nice rich taste...