And if Mr H were to cook chap-chai, here in Perth, surely, will have to cook in a big pot, then we'll freeze some, and only both of us will chow down the chap chai .... kids were not too keen....
- chinese cabbage - sliced thickly
- 2 bulbs of garlic - use whole
- 2 cubes of 'Foo Yee' - mix with sugar
- black fungus - sliced thickly
- Foo chook - dried beancurd skins
- Dried lily flowers - knotted
- soo hoon - soaked
- gingko nuts
- chinese mushrooms - soaked and thickly sliced
In a large pot, saute the garlic. Add the Foo Yee mix then chinese cabbage, the stalk first... then add the rest. Keep stirring until everything is cook. Season to taste.
Note: The Chap Chai will taste better if kept overnight in the fridge