Mini Pavlova

November 27, 2010


It's been a "quiet-blogging" week, this week...  I was trying to juggle between kids' school activities, family visits, trying to get my  Twitter and Facebook Fan page up and running...Check out the Right Handside Panel for the icons.. if the link doesn't work... and planning for our holiday next month... yippee...

Back to my kitchen...I have some egg whites from Chai Creme Brulee last week... so I decided to make mini Pavlova (as in the next day ... not after a week )


While waiting for Miss E to finish her massage session...I was given heaps of recipe books ...
I picked up a Reader Digest Collection of Recipes book... it was a thick book. Since I only have an hour to spare, gave it a quick scanning... and as I was flipping the pages.. my eyes caught the word Pavlova...
I kept on reading the paragraph explaining ~ how the name Pavlova came about... and where it originated from...
Everyone seems to agree that this beautiful dessert was created to honour the Russian ballet dancer~ Anna Pavlova who visited Australia and New Zealand in 1920's...
But the origin? ~ NZ or Australia?? apparently its a dispute between the 2..

Reader Digest mentioned that it originated from New Zealand... but AUSSIEs beg to differ?? 

What's your vote?? Australia or New Zealand??

Kiwi or Aussie... we thanked you for PAVLOVA!!!

Recipe:
6 egg white
1 cup of caster sugar
1 teaspoon of cream of tartar
2 tablespoon of cornflour
cut up fresh fruits (summer fruits)
300ml thickened cream
2 tablespoon caster sugar.
passionfruit pulps
  1. Pre heat oven 120C
  2. Whisk the eg white until peak... slowly add caster sugar... keep whisking until sugar dissloved. fold in cream of tartar and cornflour... whisk to mix well
  3. Place in piping bag and pipe out meringue in 75mm diameter disk and pipe the outer layer to create a 'wall'... 
  4. Bake for 1 hour -1hr 20 minutes...
  5. Check the meringue should be dry to touch..
  6. Leave it to cool in the oven...
  7. Transfer to an airtight container.
  8. Whisk cream and sugar until peak... Fill the cream into the meringue nests/ casings top with freshly cut up summer fruits...

Comments

  1. I adore pavlova! so light and fluffy, yet rich and creamy. What's not to love?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The InTolerant Chef,
    I am with you... love Pavlova

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they're Australian, but of course, I'm partial. This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lime Cake,
    And the Australian who 'created' Pavlova ~ was a chef from Perth..
    I feel so connected ;)

    ReplyDelete